All-On-4 Dental Implants
If you’re missing all the teeth on the top or bottom of your mouth, dentures aren’t the only option for tooth replacement. Dental implants have fast become the most desired way to replace missing teeth thanks to their permanence, reliability, and natural appearance – but you don’t need one implant per tooth to fix your smile. The method known as All-On-4, offered at our Dentistry for Life office, is the innovative way to replace an entire arch of teeth using only four dental implants.
How All-On-4 Dental Implants Work
When you’re missing a lot of teeth, you may avoid the dentist because you can’t imagine undergoing a tremendous number of dental restorations to complete your smile. The good news? You may be a great candidate for All-On-4, the dental implant procedure that gives you a beautiful smile through only four implants.
Here’s how the procedure works:
- Examination: Every dental restoration begins with a dental exam. If you have gum disease – which is usually the cause of missing teeth – this problem will need to be resolved before any restorative dentistry can get underway. Once your mouth is healthy, we determine whether you have the bone volume necessary to hold the implants. The areas with the highest bone density are chosen to receive the implants.
- Surgery: Once you have been identified as a good candidate to receive dental implants, oral surgery is scheduled. The implants – which have been meticulously developed, designed, and customized for you alone – are carefully placed in the jaw.
- Healing: It’s incredibly important to be patient and allow healing time after surgery. The bone and surrounding tissues in the mouth must heal properly and fully accept the dental implants. This usually involves a few visits to our Center City dental office so we can check the surgical site and monitor your recovery.
- Prosthetic: An abutment attached to each implant juts out above the gum line. Where a prosthetic tooth or crown is usually attached to the implant, in the case of All-On-4, a dental bridge or denture (no adhesives, no covering the palate) is permanently secured to the abutment. This final step in the dental implant process completes your smile so it is strong, healthy, and looks natural.
The Benefits of All-On-4 Dental Implants
Living without teeth is problematic in so many ways. But All-On-4 transforms lives:
- Eating: You will be able to bite and chew properly, which means you can eat a healthier diet and improve your overall health and well-being.
- Speaking: Teeth are an essential element of speech, allowing you to form certain letters and speak clearly. You’ll feel more comfortable about speaking up when you have something to say.
- Confidence: When you have all your teeth, you will no longer be self-conscious or embarrassed. You will smile more. You’ll never worry that people are looking at your mouth only and judging you.
- Appearance: Over time, missing teeth affect the shape of your face, giving you a compressed or shrunken appearance that makes you look older. Dental implants support the health of your jawbone with artificial but stimulating tooth roots.
Dental implants eliminate all the discomfort and embarrassment that come along with missing teeth. Your smile will look better, feel better, and work better when you have a fully functional smile and teeth that look completely natural.
Get All-On-4 Dental Implants in Center City
All-On-4 is a reliable, permanent dental restoration that will give you your life back. Don’t stay away from the dentist because you’re embarrassed or fear that dentures are the only solution. Contact our Dentistry for Life office in Center City to find out whether you are a good candidate for dental implants or other restorative dentistry solutions. You can have a beautiful smile. You deserve a flawless smile. Allow us the privilege of building it for you.