When your smile is punctuated by missing teeth, the problem goes beyond a cosmetic issue. The foundation of your oral health is severely compromised by missing teeth. Dental implants take the place of a tooth both below and above the surface. At Dentistry for Life, we focus on making your smile both healthy and beautiful.
Problems Caused by Missing Teeth
You are not alone if you have missing teeth. We regularly see patients who are plagued by the problems caused by a missing tooth. Some of the complications include:
• Prone to dental infection.
• Misalignment and other orthodontic issues.
• Difficulty chewing.
• Changing face shape.
• Poor self-confidence.
Understanding Dental Implants
One of the most revolutionary innovations in restorative dentistry, dental implants are a permanent solution to replace missing teeth. When a tooth is lost, it’s not only the crown of the tooth above the surface that is gone – the tooth root is absent too. The side effects that arise because of a missing tooth threaten the strength of your oral health.
Dental implants are metal posts made of either titanium or zirconium that are surgically implanted in the jawbone of a person with healthy bone volume and healthy gums. We give the implant time to heal and integrate into the bone, then affix a prosthetic tooth onto the implant so it looks and functions like a natural tooth.
Dental implants are a safe, progressive way to replace a missing tooth root and a missing tooth, offering stability and strength where there was none. This is a complete dental restoration that will allow you to have a complete, beautiful, durable, healthy smile.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Besides the obvious benefits of taking the place of missing teeth and completing your smile so it looks natural and works well, there are many other benefits of dental implants:
• Long-lasting: Dental implants are so strong and secure they can last for decades. Brush and floss daily and visit us for regular checkups twice a year.
• Bone support: While there are multiple tooth restoration options available, like bridges and dentures, dental implants offer a little bit extra. Not only do implants replace the missing tooth so your smile is complete, the implant below the gum line supports the bone and prevents it from shrinking.
• Look younger: Missing teeth age you. Over time, a missing tooth and unsupported, disintegrating jawbone can lead to a compressed look. This is especially likely for people who are missing an entire arch of teeth. Implants preserve the shape of your face.
• Eat confidently: Have you avoided your favorite chewy and crunchy foods because of your missing tooth – or the instability of the surrounding teeth? Implants are secure, just like natural teeth. You can eat whatever you want.
• Speak confidently: Some denture-wearers are self-conscious about speaking because they’re afraid their dentures will slip out of place. While modern dentures have come a long way, dental implants will never cause you worry or shift out of place and they don’t require inconvenient adhesives or removal for cleaning.
• Comfort: You won’t feel the dental implants. No discomfort, no worrying about the security of the tooth restoration. You don’t have to take the implants out to clean them. Implants function as your own teeth.
• Improved quality of life: Whether it’s one missing tooth or an entire arch of teeth, having an incomplete smile can make you feel bad about yourself and your appearance. Restoring those teeth and completing your smile will improve the function and appearance of your teeth and, thereby, your quality of life.
Are You a Good Candidate for Dental Implants?
We will evaluate your oral health, jaw density, and medical history when determining whether you are a good candidate for dental implants. Loose and missing teeth are often the result of advanced gum disease. If you have this problem, it will need to be treated before the possibility of dental implants can be considered.
It’s important for us to evaluate the strength of your jawbone and the health of your gum tissue to ensure that dental implants are the most beneficial dental restoration for you. Contact us today to reschedule an appointment at Dentistry for Life in Philadelphia. We are here to help you on your journey to achieve good oral health. No matter what condition your teeth and gums are in now, there is a solution.
Read more about dental implants here….https://dentistryforlife.net/dental-implants-philadelphia