When you want straight teeth but don’t want the brackets and wires that go along with traditional metal braces, Invisalign braces align your smile in the most discreet way possible. At our Dentistry for Life office in Center City, we offer Invisalign to patients who qualify for this type of orthodontic treatment. As certified and experienced Philadelphia Invisalign providers, we create beautiful smiles for our patients using invisible aligners.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign braces can correct nearly every problem traditional metal braces fix, and do so quickly and inconspicuously. This customized alignment method moves crooked, crowded, and gapped teeth into their proper positions in an average of 12 months.
Besides being nearly invisible, Invisalign differs from metal braces in methodology. Unlike metal braces that move tooth crowns and then tooth roots, Invisalign moves crown and root simultaneously, allowing for faster treatment time. One of the hallmarks of Invisalign is to consistently and gentle move only a few teeth at a time until your entire mouth is in alignment.
As for your part in this endeavor, following the rules of Invisalign is critical to the success of your treatment:
- Wear Invisalign aligners 20 to 22 hours a day, every day.
- Remove Invisalign for all meals and snacks.
- Only drink water while wearing Invisalign to avoid the risk of staining the aligners.
- Clean teeth and aligners thoroughly before snapping the aligners back in place.
- Change your aligners about every two weeks, or according to your customized Invisalign plan.
- See us every six weeks to have your progress checked and pick up new aligners.
Before any orthodontic treatment can begin, patients need to qualify as an Invisalign candidate and that begins with a thorough exam at our office. During this examination we take 3D images of your mouth and examine your teeth and bite. If it is clear that you will benefit from Invisalign treatment, we will develop a complete, customized Invisalign treatment plan.
Why Do Center City Patients Love Invisalign So Much?
Invisalign works, and it works fast. If you follow the rules of Invisalign, and if your teeth respond properly and willingly shift into their aligned spots, you will have a new smile in just about a year. But that’s not the only benefit:
- No one will know you have braces. Invisalign braces are discreet. They’re so thin and fit so snugly to your teeth that no one will see the aligners unless you point them out.
- You can eat whatever you want. There are no brackets and wires to limit the foods you eat. Because Invisalign is removed for meals and snacks, you can enjoy all your favorite.
- You’ll be comfortable. With thin, smooth Invisalign aligners, there will be no need to endure the scrapes, pokes, and jabs of metal brackets and wires.
- Easy maintenance. No special tools are required to clean in and among braces. Simply brush and floss as usual and clean your aligners as instructed.
- Your teeth will be healthier. Straight teeth are easier to clean, and that means a lower likelihood of tooth decay, cavities, and other oral health problems.
What Happens After Invisalign?
Any braces-wearer must wear retainers after orthodontics are complete. Teeth are newly moved into their proper positions and, after all that work, you want them to stay there. Retainers make this possible. There are many types of retainers available, but most Invisalign patients use Vivera retainers. Talk to us if you are hoping for a permanent retainer or are curious about other options for keeping your teeth in place.
Many patients also opt for a round of professional teeth whitening after Invisalign is complete. The only thing better than straight teeth is white, straight teeth. Your smile will be blindingly beautiful and flawless with this pair of dental treatments, both of which are offered at our Center City cosmetic dentistry office.
Is Invisalign Right for You?
If you have been living with crooked or crowded teeth, it’s time to finally get a straight smile. Invisalign will get your teeth into alignment. With a beautiful smile, you’ll be proud to smile, and knowing you look good will be a boost to your confidence that makes you look happier, healthier, and even younger.
Find out if you’re a candidate for Invisalign braces. Schedule your consultation with certified Invisalign providers Dr. Kimmie Patel or Dr. Kunal Parikh at our Dentistry for Life office in Center City. Together we will figure out the smile makeover that’s right for you.