Professional teeth whitening is a proven, reliable cosmetic dentistry treatment. At Dentistry for Life in Center City, we use the most powerful bleaching products to quickly and effectively blast away stains and discoloration. If you want to look like a VIP, it can happen in just about an hour under the practiced hands of Dr. Kimmie Patel and Dr. Kunal Parikh.
How Philadelphia Professional Teeth Whitening Works
Teeth whitening is the removal of stains from the enamel of the tooth. The professional-grade bleaching done by your Philadelphia dentist uses chemical agents like carbamide peroxide and hydrogen peroxide to break apart stains. These powerful ingredients may not be found in sufficient dosages, if they’re included at all, in over-the-counter whitening methods that can only address surface stains.
For the treatment, your lips and gums are covered carefully so any sensitivity to the bleaching agents is minimized. You should not experience any discomfort during this procedure. The whitening agent is applied to the front of your teeth and a laser light is positioned at your teeth and programmed accordingly to whiten your smile over the course of an hour. After laser whitening, you will leave our Center City office with a whiter, more beautiful smile.
5 Things to Know About Tooth Stains and Teeth Whitening
- Your teeth don’t have to be perfect. Even if your teeth are a little crooked, gapped, or otherwise flawed, a teeth-whitening treatment can be so effective that these little problems will be easily overlooked. White teeth give the illusion of perfection, so if you’re not ready for a more intensive cosmetic dentistry treatment, or if you’re happy with the appearance of your teeth other than the color, teeth whitening can be just right for you.
- It may not be possible to whiten your teeth. Some people are born with teeth that are dull in color. If that’s you, teeth whitening won’t be an option. You’re not out of luck though – porcelain veneers will not only give you white teeth, they’ll correct every other aesthetic complaint you have about your smile, permanently.
- Thin tooth enamel could be problematic. If your DNA has given you thin tooth enamel, the yellowish dentin inside your tooth can rob your teeth of their whiteness. Thin enamel also makes you more likely to develop tooth stains, even with the best brushing and flossing techniques. In this situation, we may have to discuss other whitening options.
- There are different types of tooth stains. Your tooth stains can come from a variety of sources – medication, wine, coffee, smoking, poor oral hygiene, aging. There are also extrinsic tooth stains (surface stains) and intrinsic stains (found within the enamel) and both will play a role in whether teeth-whitening is the most effective cosmetic dentistry treatment for your smile makeover.
- You must take care of your smile. Professional teeth whitening is powerful, but it isn’t self-sustaining. The results of this treatment will last for years if you take good care of your teeth. Use caution when eating dark sauces, berries, or wines to protect your teeth from developing discoloration, and keep up with your bi-annual dental cleanings and exams.
The Benefits of Teeth Whitening in Center City
If you’re considering teeth whitening from Dentistry for Life in Center City, you already know that there are many benefits to be had, including:
- A non-invasive treatment.
- Whiter teeth in about an hour.
- More effective than over-the-counter whitening.
- Safe and painless.
- Makes you look younger, happier, and healthier.
- Gives you confidence.
Are You a Good Candidate for Center City Teeth Whitening?
Your teeth work hard every day and are touched by all the foods and beverages you put in your mouth. Over the years, tooth enamel begins to feel the burden and will begin to discolor, yellow, and look anything but pearly white. It’s natural to want whiter, healthier-looking teeth.
Whether you live, work, or play in Center City, our convenient location in the Medical Arts Building makes it easy for you to pop in for a teeth-whitening appointment. In just about an hour, you can walk out of our office with teeth that are so white and beautiful they can camouflage any smile imperfections that make you self-conscious.
Before any whitening begins, Dr. Patel or Dr. Parikh will give you a thorough oral examination and teeth cleaning. For whitening to be effective, your teeth and gums must be healthy and strong. If you have any tooth decay, gum recession, or other problems, they will need to be addressed first.
There is no faster or more effective way to brighten your smile and give the illusion of perfection that with a teeth-whitening treatment. At Dentistry for Life, we transform smiles every day. Contact us today to schedule your consultation.